03 April 2007

Holidays

It's mid-semester break and I've got two weeks leave. Technically, this means I should be doing lots of writing, because I'm not at work, and I'm not preparing classes. Well, that's the theory anyway. I'm not totally free of work as I have written a two-page grammar test for my first year editing class, and I've got novel chapters to workshop.

I have done some writing, but not as much as I'd like. The trouble is that my kids are home too, so there's the obligatory let's-go-on-a-few-more-outings kind of stuff, which is fun, but there's also more time spent breaking up fights and running them here and there. Yesterday, for example, I had to go to my son's high school, and get him the winter school uniform. And I had to pick up my daughter from a friend's house, so then I had three of them and that meant more fighting too. In a way, it's easier to write in non-holiday time, even though I'm trying to get more stuff done for work. On the other hand, I do get more time to read for pleasure, which is always something to relish.

Anyway, I've flagged this afternoon as good writing time, so I'd better get off and get onto it!

2 comments:

Snail said...

How was the afternoon's writing time? Did you get much done?

Tracey said...

Er, not fabulous. Lots of interruptions, so I only got about 500 words done. Had a better morning yesterday, where I wrote a 1000-word story for a comp. Though technically it was a rewrite of one I wrote a few weeks ago and then "lost". Don't ask me where or how, but it's disappeared completely off my computer's radar.

How's your writing going?